Bloomsbury History: Theory & Method is a fully cross-searchable digital resource dedicated to historiography and the examination of historical theory and methods using a global approach.
Bloomsbury History: Theory and Method is the first one-stop online resource to explore the theory, methods and historiography which underpin history as a discipline. It encompasses an extensive variety of new articles which examine: selected excerpts from classic historical works which have helped shape the subject; key concepts, thinkers, and debates; methods for analysing primary sources, and established and cutting-edge theories and schools of thought.
Wherever possible content is global in scope and has been written by expert scholars from around the world with students in mind. With articles ranging from concise introductions to more detailed explorations, the resource allows students to develop their understanding and for faculty to pitch content at the right level for those being taught.
- Fast, cross-searchable, and exclusive digital access to 100+ articles, 60+ academic eBooks, and a four-volume major reference work
- A tailored taxonomy that recognizes the different areas within different theoretical and methodological areas within History, enabling easy browsing across topic, place and period
- Interactive visual timeline highlighting key historical facts from pre-history to the present day
- A powerful browse and search functionality allowing users to find relevant materials across all types of content and disciplines
- Regular updates and new content making this an ever-expanding resource
- Related Content links on every content page makes it easy to discover relevant material
Intuitive, user-friendly interface for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Easy to cite, share, and print content
- Personal Account feature enables users to save books, chapters or other items to view later; organize saved items into folders; email and export citations; save searches and set up search alerts
IP Authentication, Referring URL, Single sign-on, Username and Password.
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics are available when you log in to your account via the Bloomsbury Administration Portal.
Promotional materials and downloads
Printable posters and web banners are a great way to raise awareness of your new subscription and get students interested! Bloomsbury have a selection ready to download here