At JCS, we believe that it is vital for Schools, Public Libraries and Further and Higher Education Institutions to have convenient and affordable access to a wide range of high quality e-resources...and our mission is to make this possible.
We save our customers money on e-resource subscriptions:
- We negotiate with publishers on behalf of Schools worldwide, and Further Education Colleges and Public Libraries in the UK, to achieve the best possible pricing for an expanding range of high quality e-resources.
- We negotiate even higher discounts for regional "buying groups" of Schools and Public Libraries.
We save our customers time:
- We offer a centralised and streamlined free trial, licensing and subscription service for products from multiple publishers, including a quick and easy-to-use online quotation and ordering system.
We provide excellent service and support:
- Our friendly and efficient team pride themselves on providing exceptional service to our customers and partner organisations.
- We have excellent contacts with publishers' support teams, so can resolve any problems quickly and efficiently.
We promote awareness of the importance of information literacy and using trusted sources:
- We run events and information literacy training workshops - click here for details.
- We work closely with key organisations such as Schools Library Services, the School Library Association, and the CILIP Library Groups.
- We are also invited to speak on a regular basis at librarian conferences and meetings.
The JCS story goes back to 2008 when Becta (the British Educational Communications and Technology Agency) funded an innovative initiative to develop a centralised subscription service which would enable Primary and Secondary Schools to benefit from collective purchasing of online resources.
The initiative, known as JISC Collections for Schools, was a great success and, due to ongoing demand for trusted e-resources at specially negotiated prices, Project Director Joyce Martin launched JCS Online Resources when Becta closed in 2010.
At the start, JCS Online Resources offered 13 online resources from 9 publishers to UK Schools. Since then, we are delighted to have been able to expand our product range and the sectors with which we work:
- Our portfolio of products has more than doubled - as has our team!
- We now work with 13 publishers, and additional publishers contact us regularly.
- In addition to UK Schools, we now offer online resources to Schools worldwide, and to Further Education Colleges and Public Libraries in the UK.
- We also offer Findmypast to Higher Education Institutions.
We are based in Oxford, UK and you can find out more about our team, and how to contact us, here.
Connect with us
Quick links to the latest news...
- We're recruiting...find out about two new sales roles
- NEW! InfoTrac NewsStand now available to UK Public Libraries at the lowest ever prices through JCS
- June 2016 Newsletter for UK Secondary Schools and Sixth Form Colleges/British International Schools
- June 2016 Newsletter for Schools in Australia and New Zealand
- June 2016 Newsletter for UK Further Education Colleges
- Spring 2016 Newsletter for Public Libraries
- Over 850 schools from 30 countries have registered for free access to the Churchill Archive - has yours?
- Over 270 schools have subscribed to the JSTOR Secondary Schools Collection through JCS - has yours?