Who we are
Our story goes back to 2008 when Becta funded an innovative initiative to develop a centralised subscription service which would enable Primary and Secondary Schools to benefit from collective purchasing of online resources.
The initiative, known as JISC Collections for Schools, was a great success and, due to ongoing demand for our negotiations and subscriptions services, Project Director Joyce Martin launched JCS Online Resources when Becta closed in 2010.
At the start, JCS Online Resources offered 13 online resources from 9 publishers to UK Schools. Since then, we are delighted to have been able to expand our product range and the sectors with which we work:
- Our portfolio of products has more than doubled - as has our team!
- We now work with 15 publishers
- In addition to UK Schools, we now offer online resources to Schools worldwide and, most recently, also to Further Education Colleges and Public Libraries
We are based in Oxford and you can find out more about our team, and how to contact us, here.
What we do
- We save our customers money:
- We negotiate with publishers on behalf of Schools, Further Education Colleges and Public Libraries to achieve the best possible pricing for an expanding range of high quality online educational resources.
- We also negotiate even higher discounts for regional "buying groups" of Schools and Public Libraries.
- We save our customers time: We offer a centralised and streamlined free trial, licensing and subscription service for products from multiple publishers, including a quick and easy-to-use online quotation and ordering system.
- We offer excellent service and support: Our friendly and efficient team pride themselves on providing exceptional service to our customers and partner organisations.
- We promote awareness of the importance of using trusted sources: We run events and workshops, and work with key organisations such as Schools Library Services, the School Library Association, and the CILIP Schools Library Group. We are also invited to speak on a regular basis at librarian conferences and meetings.
Connect with us