Science Reference Center™
Science Reference Center™ offers cross-searchable access to the full text of hundreds of reference books, encyclopedias, periodicals and other sources, including animations and videos.
Regularly updated content includes
- Over 600 science reference books
- 23 science encyclopedias
- More than 800 science essays
- Full length biographies of over 3,000 scientists
- Over 18,000 scientific images and more than 500 videos
- 61 animations
- Users can search particular categories of information (e.g. biographies or periodicals), or search across the database and then refine by categories such as subject or author.
- Users can search within specific time periods using the historical timeline.
- Search histories enable previous searches to be re-run and revised.
- A choice of basic, advanced and visual search screens is available.
- Users can customise the results page and save preferences using personal accounts.
Support for teachers
A range of step-by-step guides, tutorials and lesson plans is available.
- View tutorial on creating search and journal alerts
- View tutorial on personalization
- Download quick start guide
A mapping grid has been prepared to demonstrate how the Science Reference Center™ can support teachers of Triple Science.