Philip Allan Magazines – Online Archives
A comprehensive source of information for students who want the very best grades...
The Philip Allan Magazines Online Archives offer access to up to 17 years worth of back issues to these highly-regarded subject reviews for 16-19 year old students. The magazines include specially written articles by experts in the field to stretch and challenge students’ knowledge, adding depth and breadth to each topic they study.
Ideal for both teachers and students for...
- Schemes of work and lesson preparation.
- Researching specific topics.
- Revision and extension work.
The Online Archives include the following 14 titles...
- Biological Sciences Review
- Business Review
- Chemistry Review
- Economic Review
- The English Review
- Geography Review
- 20th Century History Review/Modern History Review
- A-Level Law Review
- PE Review
- Physics Review
- Politics Review
- Psychology Review
- Religious Studies Review
- Sociology Review
- The archive is fully searchable, by title or keyword
- Articles are easy to print
- Teachers’ notes, topic extensions and links to useful websites are provided in some issues
- Editors’ blogs provide additional discussion and analysis
- The online ‘Toolbox’ allows users to annotate the content
- Audio linking, recording and annotation available via ‘Audacity’ (Open Source Audio Editor)
- The Archive is updated every September
A choice of subscription options...
- Any 5 titles.
- Any 10 titles.
- All 14 titles.
3 subscription options are available from JCS Online Resources for the Online Archives:
The Archives, commencing 1994, are updated every September with the addition of the volume from the last academic year.
Additional resources to help improve grades...
- Case studies to support research tasks.
- Exam links to mark schemes to help assess answers.
- Live links to all websites mentioned in the issue.
- Revision exercises.
Free additional digital resources are added to each issue of every magazine published over the past three years to support both teachers and students. The resources include:
Search options and special features...
- Each Archive is fully searchable, by title or keyword and across all the titles that the user subscribes to.
- Users can select to search magazines or through the associated resources.
- All articles can be printed.
- The online ‘Toolbox’ allows users to annotate the content.
- Audio linking, recording, and annotation are available via ‘Audacity’ (Open Source Audio Editor.
Support for teachers...
- A users’ guide provides information on how to explore the Archive and make the most of the special features.
- Teachers’ notes, topic extension and links to useful websites are provided in some issues.
Relevance to the National Curriculum
The Philip Allan Magazines Online Archives are ideal for in-depth study of a range of subjects at A/AS level, the Scottish Highers, the International Baccalaureate, and the Cambridge International Examinations. They also provide excellent preparation for a successful university application.
Support for teachers
- A users’ guide provides information on how to use the resource and make the most of special features.
- Teachers’ notes and worksheets are provided with some issues.